Sunday, January 13, 2008

Saturday JAN 12th Cowpens Proving Grounds

Actually it's a Revolutionary Battleground Park but it is a nice semi-level three mile paved loop with little traffic where you can test your limits. I just wanted to do the same training routine in the real world vs the 'lab' on a fixed trainer.

It is a world of difference. trying to balance the ups and downs of the open road with the cadence necessary to maintain the desired training zone.

Half way through the first lap (about 1.5 miles) I began to settle in and my heart did too, at the desired levels and ranges as I progressed through the 40 minute ride. My forty minutes 'expired' about half way around in the third lat so I had a nice half lap (1.5 miles again) to cool down. Like it wasn't cool enough anyway. It was a nice addition.

Sunday is a rest day. Next week, week three begins. Could be interesting.

No comments: