Tuesday, July 8, 2008

RETROSPECT

It's been a year, so how do things look?
I have owned a bike since July 1, 2007 and what have I accomplished?

Well I have a bike, rode about 700 miles. Averaging a little better than 13 miles per week. That isn't even a good daily average.

I also had one crash, all my fault. Eight stitches later, I eventually got around to riding again. Then the shoulder went lame and I had surgery. More reasons not to ride. I have gained weight and feel worse than I ever have. Now what? How about a few incentives?

1. Lose weight - first 10 pounds, a new jersey. Maybe a team jersey of some kind.

2. Half way thru my goal...how about a Garmin GPS & trainer? The Garmin Forerunner 305. I tried to upload a photo but it says it's corrupt from the REI site.

3. When I reach my goal, known only to me. A better bike. How about a Giant OCR1, 2 or 3? No attempt was made to upload a photo after what happened with item #2!

Stay tuned! This is the year the fans said wait for last year!

No comments: