Wednesday, July 30, 2008

End of Stage 1, or How I spent My Summer Vacation!

Tomorrow is the final day of July (don't call CNN yet!)

I have been on my latest 'program 17 days and only rode 7 of those. Posting 65 miles and averaging 11.87 mph.

I vacationed with my son and his family this past week and between the road portion (travel) of six days and other duties with his family, we only rode 2 days while there. Minneapolis and St Paul are probably in the top five bike friendly cities in the country. Too bad Charlotte is too busy building pretty, shiney things. Let's see, gas $4.00/gallon, everyone in the state is not overweight but OBESE! Charlotte has ONE light rail line, as in one track. Why not scrap the light rail, have a massive (like CCC after WWII) to build a bike infrastructure and GIVE everyone a bike! We would get in shape, save millions in transportaion and drive down the price fo gasoline! WHAT A TRIPLE PLAY!

But enough about saving the world! Long story short is, I have lost 7 lbs in roughly two weeks with very little effort other than really watching my diet. So hopefully I have turned the corner on my past experiences.

We will see as we enter stage 2 :-)

No comments: