Sunday, August 10, 2008

Update/Review of the Tour (de Blubbier')

Just some passing notes of where I am in my latest adventure and thoughts in general of how it is going.

14 days of pedaling out of 29. (8 of the remaining 15 were on the road and dang near impossible to ride)

156 miles, 12 hours 57 mins

weight lost: 12 lbs.

I walked with Matt to the drug store to print some photos, about two blocks. Who can resist those blood pressure checks they have? I know they aren't sufficient for medical use but it does give us a reference point.
BP 130/57 Heart rate 64

Midway thru Stage and 2 and that is where we are...uh, I am :-)

2 comments:

Jamie Reep said...

Tom:
I'm not sure you know/remember me, but my name is Jamie Reep and I was a good friend of Ginger's in high school. I recently stumbled across your blog while reading about the ordeal you guys are going through with Lindsay. In doing so I noticed you are doing the bicycle for heart disease and was thinking of doing the same thing. I've recently been put on medication for high blood pressure (partly hereditary I'm told) but my recent bp was 184/105. Any suggestions you have for starting a biking program? I'm going to be speaking with my doctor but would rather hear it from someone currently going through it. Thanks a lot and my prayers are with you and your family. Tell Ginger and her family I said, "Hello"

Jamie Reep
jareep@yahoo.com

aj said...

Tom

Great to hear how well your doing, maybe will see you on a bike trip to State College someday. We are following linsays progress via Carina and she is in our thoughts and prayers. Keep up the good work and we'll see if Penn State can finally beat Michigan this weekend alla your alma mater. Tony